Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Sound Check

I was fortunate enough to travel to Iowa City for about 12 hours this past Sunday to see Jack's Mannequin in concert front row with 4 fantastic people! We had a blast on the 2 hour drive there and back, as well as our 4th meal at T Bell following the concert.  I am a sucker for caramel apple empanadas (if you have never had one, I highly recommend it. Much better than MickyD's apple pies... and 99 cents! whatta deal)!


Anywho, we were not only able to have fantastic seats, support the U of I's Dance Marathon, get free sunglasses and bracelets, but we were able to take a photo AND MEET THE "MAHON" HIMSELF: Andrew McMahon! 


During the show, a friend of mine - Chynna - said that she once was at a sound check where the mic testers said "Pop, Pop, Popsicle. Bi, bi, bicycle. Test, test, test-ING."


Cute. If that was my job, I would use it for every concert, every venue, every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment